Saturday, February 5, 2011

Goodbyes


I hate saying Goodbye!! And this has been the longest drawn out goodbye ever. I wouldn't change it for the world, but man has it been hard. First, we had a wonderful going away party for Jay with some of our closest friends last Friday night. Jay left for Anderson early Sunday morning, so we said more goodbyes. Last night some of my oldest (meaning I have known them the longest, not old!) friends in Orlando had a going away party for me at another friend's house. More goodbyes... This Friday will be my last day of work - more goodbyes. And the next week will be the last of everything else. We close on our house on the 18th and head to South Carolina. Don't get me wrong...I really am excited about the move and know that it is the right decision, but it doesn't make the goodbyes any easier! The picture above is a group of ladies that I met shortly after we moved to Orlando. Elle was 2, and I was pregnant with Brooks. We used to get together with the kids at least a couple of times a week. As the kids got older and then started school, we saw each other less but have always gotten together once a month for a "Mom's Night Out". This was my last, but I will definitely look forward to visiting often!

post signature

1 comment:

Erin said...

Lots of good byes to send you on your way to a new beginning. Good job on the blogging promise!

Erin