Sunday, September 5, 2010

The End of an Era...







You hear stories all of the time and hope it will never happen to you. Well...our time is up! When Jay and I returned home from a night out last night, the babysitter regrettfully informed us that Brooks had gone to the bathroom by himself, and emerged with a rather large chunk of hair missing right in the middle of his forehead! When he woke up and came into our room this morning, we knew it was coming. He was very upset that he disobeyed, but not nearly as upset as I was to lose this beautiful lock of hair! Brooks' thick curly hair has been and always will be one of my favorite things about him. He cut it so short in the front that we had no choice but to take him to get it cut and even it out. I almost cried when the hairstylist pulled out the electric clippers. We have only trimmed slightly with scissors until today. She started in the back, though, and before I realized how short she was going, it was too late! I am still not quite over it, but Brooks has already moved on. Here is a glimpse at the evolution of Brooks' hair.

post signature

No comments: