Friday, January 23, 2009
Update
Just wanted to give a quick update on the sleeping situation. We tried the sleeping on the floor thing, and it worked. I mean, it worked in that it got him out of our bed, but he seemed to still choose the floor over his room. So, last Saturday night we were cooking out with some friends and neighbors and Brooks was playing with two boys - Jack and Davis- (8 and 10 years old) that he absolutely thinks are the coolest kids on the planet. They are so sweet to Brooks and play well with him. We all had a little chat about how they always sleep in their bed and that big boys don't sleep with Mom and Dad. We didn't do it in a way to make Brooks feel bad, just explained to him that Jack and Davis don't sleep with their parents. Anway...to cut a long story short....he has slept in his bed all week. The power of peers! He has gotten up several mornings and boasted "I'm a big boy like Jack and Davis". I am very pleased with this outcome and have slept better this week than I have in months!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Way to go Meg! Nice to have a parenting success under the belt before #3 arrives.
Post a Comment